Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness It’s becoming an MCU movie that’s going to be felt significantly across the franchise’s interconnected universe, which means there’s a high demand to watch it.The upcoming project will not only serve as a sequel to 2016 Doctor Strange, But also confirmed that the storyline will continue Wanda Vision, Loki, and Spider-Man: Nowhere to Go.
Marvel Studios has been hyping the Benedict Cumberbatch-led sequel over the past few months, starting with the official release of its trailer no way home. A trailer followed online shortly after, leading fans on their respective detective work to uncover secrets and potential spoilers.
The second trailer, released in February, added further hype, mostly due to the confirmation of new cast members like Patrick Stewart’s Charles Xavier, and showed off a sinister twist on Elizabeth Olsen’s Scarlet Witch. That’s on top of the rumors and leaks that bombarded the sequel in the months before its premiere.
Now, in anticipation of its release, an important detail about the sequel’s box office sales has been revealed.
When will Doctor Strange 2 tickets go on sale?
Marvel Studios, via Fandangoconfirm that the ticket is Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness On sale Wednesday, April 6th at 6:00AM PT.
In addition to the confirmations, here is a list of other online ticket retailers (international time zones by region) where fans can buy tickets worldwide:
- US: Fandango, Cinemark Theaters, Movie Tickets, AMC Theaters, Regal Cinemas – 6AM PST / 9AM EST
- Canada: Cineplex, Landmark Cinemas – 6AM PST / 9AM EST
- Mexico: Cinépolis, Cinemex – 8 AM CDT
- Brazil: Moviecom, Cinépolis – 10 AM GMT-3
- U.K: Vue, Cineworld, Odeon – 2pm BST
- France (EMI), Germany (movie star), Netherlands (Pathé/Kinepolis) – 3pm CET
- India: Bookmyshow.com, PVR Cinemas – 6:30pm IST
- the Philippines: SM Cinemas, Popcorn.app – 9 PM PT
- Malaysia: TGV Cinemas, Popcorn.app – 9 PM MYT
- Singapore: Golden Village, Popcorn.app – 9pm SGT
- Australia: Flicks.au, Event Cinemas, Hoyts, Village Cinemas – 11 PM AEST
Will the site crash again?
Given the high demand Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madnesssome sites may crash on the day of ticket pre-sale, although the loss may not be as much as Spider-Man: Nowhere to Go, In addition to the hype of other Marvel movies, their sky-high anticipation arguably exceeds the hype of all other Marvel movies Avengers: Endgame.
It remains to be seen how crazy multiverse will affect the rest of the MCU, but given that it brings the concept of alternative reality to the forefront, it’s already certain that something big is going to happen. That premise, combined with Wanda Maximoff’s popularity, could serve as an early indication that the movie would have a lot of audience expectations, which later translated into a massive demand for tickets.
As such, high demand could boost the sequel’s box office chances, potentially leading to another record-breaking opening weekend in May.
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness It will premiere in theaters on May 6.
Follow the MCU directly