1. Not a whole lot to report this week. I’ve been super busy working, but all those pesky NDAs prevent me from disclosing any more than that! It’s nice to be making money again, although I do miss sleeping.
2. I watched A Very Potter Musical for the first time this week. I know, I’m so behind the times…
3. Andy and I went hiking Saturday. It was the first time I’d been hiking since… really, ever, so it was pretty exciting. We got to walk up a mountain, see a scarlet kingsnake, and eat a quasi-picnic lunch. Plus Mel got to come along and get some exercise. Can’t have a tubby puppy.
4. Speaking of tubby things, Breyer’s golden oreo ice cream is my new drug. I can’t bring myself to read the nutrition facts, but I know I am about to get very fat very quickly.
5. I’ve finally managed to convince my mother that Andy and I need healthy food in the house, so we’ve been getting cases and cases of clif bars in the mail. No joke. I think the neighbors are getting concerned.
6. Andy started watching Breakout Kings and now I’m pretty sure I’m hooked. Even though I only pay attention half the time and don’t understand the premise at all…
7. To celebrate 4th of July… look! We went and picked out a couch, so now we’ll actually have something to sit on so I’ll no longer be tempted to steal apple boxes from set.
8. In other 4th news, Mel does not like fireworks. They give her puppy panic attacks, so she’s spent the past two evenings shivering under a weighted blanket.
9. I started reading this INCREDIBLE book called Quiet about how introverts can learn to function and thrive in a society that upholds extroversion as the standard for the ideal personality. As a high-reactive introvert myself, I’ve really appreciated having my experiences validated, learning more about my temperament, and finding out ways to use my introversion to my advantage. Now if I can just get Andy to read it…
10. If you have Netflix instant, you need to go watch The Elephant Princess right now. Just do it. Go. You will never be the same.