1. So I came home last night to an email from WordPress admin saying I was going to be featured on today’s Freshly Pressed. Holy cow! I was NOT prepared for this inundation of comments and notifications. I’ll try really hard to get around to answering all of them, but I had a really rough day at work yesterday and need some time to recuperate first. Thanks so much for the great response, everyone! I’m overwhelmed, to be sure.
2. I’ve managed to survive my first week living on my own. It’s not too hard to fill the time. When I’m not working, I’m either cooking or camped out on the couch marathoning Miami Ink. Overall, it’s been uneventful, so let’s hope it stays that way!
3. I’ve been marathoning other shows, too. My parents introduced me to Little Mosque on the Prairie on Hulu, adding to the already lengthy list of Canadian TV series Andy and I follow.
4. I’ve spent the week waging an all-out war on the bugs in our apartment. All my baking supplies got transferred to new roach-proof (and EXPENSIVE) containers. I’ve also sprayed down the kitchen and windows with bug killer and had the pleasure of hand-killing 10 roaches and 1 spider to date. Let’s hope the numbers taper off soon, because they’re really starting to piss me off.
5. Poor Mel. She’s not handling Andy’s absence well. Every day, starting at around 4 or 5, she has panic attacks lasting well into the evening. I think it’s because that’s when Andy usually comes home from work, and Mel flips out when she realizes no one is coming home.
I keep her wrapped up in a weighted blanket, which seems to help. I also rock her and sing to her when it gets really bad, which perhaps just annoys her. But at least it’s a distraction.
6. Good news: Andy’s fears that I would stop feeding myself when she left turned out to be unfounded. I’ve made more meals in the past week than I think I have in the two months since we’ve been here:
7. So, call me a horrible film student, but I finally watched The Artist this week. The main reason I never watch newer movies is because we can’t afford to go to the theatre or a Netflix DVD subscription (we have instant). My parents were kind enough to order me the DVD as a present. I really enjoyed it. I’m a fan of silent/foreign movies in general because I have CAPD and it’s much easier for me to read intertitles or subtitles than try to follow spoken dialogue.
8. Special delivery! My white chocolate Reese’s FINALLY came in the mail today after about a kajillion years floating around in the US postal system. I’m going to have to make something very special with them…