1. I got a care package from my parentals! I think they’re totally missing the whole trying-to-eat-healthier thing I’ve got going on here, because they always send me pounds and pounds of candy from Fresh Market. I make Andy hide it from me.
Seriously, she hides it. I have no idea where the candy is right now.
My parents also sent me makeup samples and the manuals for all my electronics, because they know me.
2. I can’t stop watching this video. I’m pretty sure it will never not be hilarious. Is something wrong with me?
3. Who else watched the Korra finale this weekend? AUGHHHH! Next season please! Though, for what it’s worth, I totally called the ending…
4. Guess who ran their first-ever mile this week!
Okay, if it sounds pathetic, there’s something you should understand. I am not athletic AT ALL. I am what they call in academic circles a “non-responder” — i.e, when it comes to physical fitness, I improve at a GLACIAL rate, if at all. Because of this, I always hated sports/exercise and have consequently been out of shape for pretty much my entire life.
When Andy and I moved to Sun Valley, I decided it was time to make a change and start at least trying to get fit (plus I was baking a lot and didn’t want to have to buy new clothes) so I got some shoes and started running. Sort of. Mostly walking. And after over a month of huffing and puffing and flopping down the sidewalk as my shorts ride up, I finally built up the endurance to run a whole mile without stopping!
I was one of those kids who walked the entire mile for the presidential fitness test, so the fact that I’ve hit this milestone is a BIG DEAL. Plus I promised myself I would reward my first mile by getting a real running shirt (i.e. not a t-shirt) so yay!
PS the bloody shoe is from a different run, but I was impressed that it happened anyway. It means my core is hard.
5. Andy’s new ring came!
Story time: Andy used to have a sterling silver claddagh ring that I got for her a while back, but it was pretty small and flimsy so it’s no surprise that she broke it a few weeks ago while horsing around at work (also managed to slice open her finger). She had been wanting a titanium ring for a while and so I figured the timing was right. As it turned out, the place we ordered her new ring from was having a sale that ended the next day, so we got a really good deal on it.
It took forever to get here, but we’re both really pleased with it and are definitely planning on ordering her “real” ring from there someday!
6. I’ve been watching Bunheads on Hulu and I still can’t decide what I think of it. Amy Sherman-Palladino has such a distinctive writing voice that it’s hard to watch without immediately thinking Gilmore Girls (especially since Kelly Bishop is essentially playing the same passive-aggressive character). I’m willing to give it a season to decide if I like it. I certainly don’t hate it.
7. Thanks so much to everyone who voted for Jackson to be the Young & Free Indiana spokester! Great news — he’s a finalist! Each of the 10 finalists have to do a second video and blog post, and the winner will be named on July 9th.
8. Along that same vein of badgering you to help out my friends, check out this video by my high school friend Thomas. He’s working to become a missionary documentarian and needs some help funding one of his trips. Watch the video, and it’ll tell you how to make a quick and easy donation online. Even if you can only give a few bucks, it would be a big help!
9. While I’m on a roll… my friend Abe is a really talented musician and is trying to get on Good Morning America. Listen to some of his music to become convinced that he deserves this big break, then go like him on Facebook to help him reach his goal!
10. Probably the biggest news of all — I worked my first background gig Tuesday! I got to spend the entire morning (no, really, the ENTIRE morning, like 4am on) walking around Disney’s California Adventure park. I hadn’t been there since I was a sophomore, so it was a bit nostalgic. I really enjoyed hanging out with my fellow extras, who were pretty cool people. I also had a great time just being on a set again and feeling the energy. It was invigorating and exhausting at the same time. I only hope all my shoots will be this much fun!