1. To celebrate our first day with internet on Friday, we skyped my brother and his boyfriend! They live in Miami, and what with time difference and busy work schedules (the latter, of course, pertaining to everyone but me) it’s hard to find time to talk.
2. On Saturday, I made my first-ever trip to Ikea! It was a good thing Andy was there to hold my hand the entire time, because I probably would never have come out otherwise. We ended up getting a bed, mattress, desk & chair, coffee table, entertainment center, dresser, nightstands, kitchen table & chairs, lamps, and a mirror, among other things, and dropping about $1400 in the process. Ouch!
My mother asked me if I got Swedish meatballs while I was there. That is apparently a thing. But no, I was not remotely tempted to get meatballs. I was, however, tempted to buy out the entire children’s section. COLORSSS.
3. Saturday evening we went to a housewarming party for some fellow alums. I made cookies, which got eaten. Score! I also got a chance to play Super Smash Brothers Brawl for the first time in YEARS. I grew up playing every version of SSB in existence, so Kirby and I are pretty tight. Maybe I will make some cookies and invite myself over again next weekend…
4. Our first real grocery trip! Look how healthy my eating habits seem!
5. I tried making these guys over the weekend, but somehow neglected to grease the pan, so I ended up with more of a brick. It will be useful in the event that I have to club an intruder over the head, but not so much as a convenient snack, as a great deal of prying is involved to remove each bar.
6. The turtles are officially moved in! They had been living with Andy’s aunt & uncle in OC (spoiled turtles!) and on Sunday we drove down to pick up the few extra things we had stored down there. I’m sure Bishop and Dunham are glad that their days of being constantly relocated are finally over!
Or at least, they would be if they had any concept of life outside their tank.
Speaking of which, Fringe finale! I watched it live a few weeks ago, but Andy hadn’t seen it, so we watched it again Tuesday night. Season 5, come to meeee!
8. Since our apartment has, for all intents & purposes, no AC, we’ve had to leave all the windows open in order to keep it cool (read as: bearable). It gets a little noisy because we’re right on a busy street, but fortunately Andy and I have reached the point in our relationship where we can communicate with just our eyes.
Keeping the windows open also means we are getting to know our neighbors very well. Or at least, they are getting to know us.
7. Blue Diamond wasabi & soy sauce almonds are my new obsession. That is a big deal, considering I hate both sushi and spicy things. Sure, they burn, but it’s a good hurt!
8. So far this week has been one of complete & utter baking FAILS. First there was the Lucky Charms fiasco, and now I’m trying to salvage a key lime pie from yesterday. It turned out waaaaay too runny, so I’m freezing it and calling it sherbet. Any takers?
9. Mel has been in a weird mood since we moved in. I think she’s still convinced we’re going to abandon her here, so whenever I’m home, she stations herself in my lap and refuses to move until I have to pee. I’m scared of traumatizing her by leaving her in the apartment alone, so it means she comes on a lot of errands with me.
10. I spent all day yesterday (no, really, ALL DAY) trying to get the new blog layout up and running, with no success. My task today will be to continue working on the CSS in hopes of getting it to at least a presentable state. WordPress, Y U NO let me upload my own theme?
11. Pandora keeps on trying to mix up my station. Stop that, Pandora. I like my station, even if it is stuck in 2005. Plus, when you play a bunch of crappy songs, it forces me to use up all my skips…